Friday, December 30, 2011

One down, one to go....

Degan is about to embark on his "second semester" of kindergarten. Looking back at the first 4 months, it just seems like it flew by. I still remember shopping for that perfect backpack, stressing out about what to pack him for lunch, worrying about whether or not he is he going to make friends? Did I really need to worry about the third one? He is Sarah's I mean Amos son.   Degan we were told is quite the social butterfly and direct from his teachers mouth, "needs to stop kissing the girls." WHAT? Are you serious? He is only in kindergarten, and he is already taking after his dad.. Oops, did I say that out loud?
Degan is learning everything that was taught  to him before he was in kinder in Spanish. He told my mom the other day that he is teaching his mommy and daddy Spanish. Ha. No but really, I think we made the best decision enrolling him in NM International. He is expanding his vocabulary in Spanish each day and yes I will admit he is teaching his mommy and daddy some! We are having to work with him extra with his handwriting, and continue to work with him on English.  I have been trying to be as involved in his education as I have been with Prestyns and try to help out in the class whenever possible. My dad will occasionally take him his favorite happy meal for lunch and eat with him. He is doing really well and has really blossomed.  Now if only we could expand his eating habits, its getting really old making the same jelly sandwich everyday. If something screams mom of the year, it has to be that? I try to send him healthy snacks, but guess what comes home crumbled at the bottom of his lunch box. I cannot wait until strawberries and blueberries are back in season, because he LOVES those.  We have recently threatened the use of the Wii for lunches that come back un-eaten. This has been our best strategy to date and allows me some room to put rolled ham without the bread of course for lunch. Another option could be plain spaghetti noodles, but the downside is he won't eat them cold and they will not allow them to warm the kids food.  How did he get so picky? The only food I WILL not eat is seafood and Amos yeah he eats it all too! 
In other news, Degan lost 2 teeth this past week and is so excited for the rest to fall out. But really he needs to slow down at $5 a tooth this tooth fairy is gonna go broke! The first tooth fairy visit came when he was at my younger brothers house. Nick for some reason was under the impression the tooth fairy paid quite well these days. The next morning Degan found $5 bucks under his pillow.(Just wait Nick, when Riley looses her first tooth, she can spend the night at my house that night, the going rate then should be 25 bucks!  The 2nd tooth he was at home and he was so excited to get another 5 bucks that he pulled it out himself!
Degan has enjoyed spending his Christmas break at Mimaw and Pompo's house and  I know is not looking forward to the 6 am alarm clock come Tuesday!

Degan, we are so proud of the little boy/big brother you have become. You make us laugh so much with your sly comments. We love how you light up Cruzies life and love to hear you talk to him. Thank you for being so patient with your brother Prestyn, you are beginning to understand how he thinks and help us to help him. You have been asked of a lot in the past 2 years and have really made us proud.

Sweet Kisses,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment