Friday, November 19, 2010

My Graduate

For the last 4 weeks, Amos has been in a training program for Wal-Mart. Well today is his last day of the Assistant Manager Training Program and he will now officially be a Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart. He has done what not many have been able to do in less then a year with the company! His new position is actually right down the road from my parents house in Belen! Will we move to Belen? Probably not in the near future. We are focusing on what is best for Prestyn and that is to leave him in Shining Stars. We are going to make sacrifices for this to all work out. I am so proud of my husband, he has worked tirelessly to do what is best for our family and has worked so hard, not to mention having to pick up my slack. My parents as usual have been so helpful and understanding. As much as they would like for us to be close to them in Belen, they understand and value the education and services Prestyn is receiving. Amos will not be alone on his hour long drive to Belen. He will be in the company of Degan and Cruz and will leave them off with my parents. Another neat thing is that most weeks with the exception of holidays, Amos will work 3/twelve hour days and have 3 days off!
As for myself, in the past month I had to reduce my work schedule to 30 hours a week, thankfully I have an employer that understands the importance of family. I am also still in school with 4 classes left to complete my MBA. What are my plans as far as when I am done with my MBA? Who knows? Am I going to become an advocate for children like Prestyn, look for something with a non-profit, do some consulting, am I going to try and stay with the state, or go to the feds, I am not sure.........

No comments:

Post a Comment