Wednesday, June 2, 2010

34 weeks and counting

Me and Cruz at 33 weeks
Prestyn was riding his dino saying "yee-haw" it was so cute!
Our big boy degan on his quad...


Just "busted a broadie" as Degan and Amos refer to them!



Here is a pic of Cruz painted wall and name. Hobby Lobby was out of a U so it will be finished in a week or so!!

Prestyn and I took the train a couple weeks ago to my parents in Belen. He loved it and the whole time entertained the conductor and ticket agent with his "choo-choo all aboard"








Wow, I cannot believe that in a little over a month we will be a family of 5!! How exciting and scary all at the same time! I had my 34 week check up this morning and it went well. My midwife said I needed to drink more water since the fluid level in my ultrasound came back a little low. For those of you who know me know that I drink over a gallon of water a day, so I guess this just means that I better shoot for two gallons so everything stays normal. I'm beginning to think that i should have a toilet surgically attached to me for the next few weeks! We are just about ready for Cruz, his room is just about finished, Amos and pop painted it a couple weeks ago and I got done making the bumper for it yesterday. Its all coming together. On top of getting Cruz's room ready we have just completed Degan and Prestyn's room. We were able to get Prestyn a race car bed just like his brother!! Their room came out so cute, and they both love spending time playing in it!






We are in week two of Prestyn's Gluten Free/Casien free diet.....I have been lucky to find quite a few things that he likes that do not contian either of these ingredients. The hardest part in shopping is making sure that if something that is gluten free is also casien free as well. Luckily Prestyn loves beans, and those are great for him to eat....A co-worker of mine gave me a few instant brown rice bowls that Prestyn has taken a liking to! I am going to try and mix in chicken in the bowls in the next few weeks. I have also implemented fish oil and probiotics into his diet. I slip the fish oil in his sippy cup at night and so far he has not noticed, I was worried about this since it does smell kinda fishy!! I laugh becuase Prestyn wakes up smelling like fish so I have recently taught him how to give fishy kisses!! I have already noticed that Prestyn is making better eye contact and his focus has gotten much better. Another improvement is when you are talking to him asking him to do something he does not ignore you, he actually does it. And we are loving all the kisses he has been giving us lately, especially since he was not the most affectionate lil man.






Everyday is a learning experience with Prestyn, we are definitely learning to be more patient with him and with one another. There are times when things can get overwhelming and stressful, but it is these times that Amos and I grow. This has not been easy, I am not going to lie, especially when we are trying to have a nice dinner date with the four of us and Prestyn gets uncontrollable. Amos and I just look at one another with the same look and kinda laugh about it. This too shall pass.






We got to meet Prestyns speech therapist yesterday and I think she is going to be great. He will meet with her once a week in our home. She has asked us to try and teach Prestyn sign language. It is a way to deter him from getting frustrated when he is asking us for something for the time being. Amos and I are all about teaching him. We tried when he was about 9 months old just like we did with his brother, but he never took to it. Degan was quite the opposite, he used sign up until he was about 18 months. We have explained to Degan that he needs to help us teach his brother. So as a refresher to Degan, he gets to watch Baby Einstein my first signs!






We were lucky enough to get to get into a well known Pediatrician here in Albuquerque for an evaluation tomorrow. Dr. Lopez seems like an amazing doctor and I have heard some great things about him and dealing with Autism. His organization is called Jump Start NM. They will even offer Amos and classes on dealing with Prestyn's condition. I am almost 100% positive Prestyn will be diagnosed its just a waiting game to see on what end of the spectrum he will be placed. We are not giving up hope that Prestyn can be cured, we know there are no scientific cures, however we know that what we are doing for him now will impact his condition in the future.






Degan, wow my baby is going to be 4 this month, so crazy!! He never fails to put a smile on my face! We bought him a gas powered quad a year ago and I used to have to ride it with him. Now our big boy is riding it all by himself, with the throttle released all the way. Since we have land in our back yard Amos has built him a course and he practices ever day! He has gotten so good and brave its almost scary. And of course its saftey first!






Well till next time...........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! You look amazing!! I cannot believe you are 34 week- looks more like 24! It sounds like Prestyn is doing unbelievably well! It is great that he is taking a liking to the new diet. I was laughing about the fishy smell- I took fish oil pills when I was pregnant and I felt like a walking piece of salmon! Ha, ha! Some of my friends use a video series called "Signing Times" and they love it. One of my friends' daughters is about 18 months and is literally fluent in sign language all because of these videos. I thought I might check them out, you never know right? Glad all is well. We will be in town the first week in August? Will Cruz be here then?? :)

    ReplyDelete